Installing Zoom is a problem if you have Windows 10 S mode installed. Zoom in Windows 10 S mode is not allowed as it blocks the installation of non-store apps. When you try to install ZoomInstaller.exe, you will get the error “For security and performance, this mode of Windows only runs verified apps from the Store. C:\Users\there\Downloads\zoominstaller.exe“
This security message prevents you from installing and joining Zoom meetings. This article shows you the solution to fix this.
There is no official Zoom client for meetings available in the Microsoft Store. As for now (december 2020), all so-called Zoom apps are either how-to guides or scams. Don’t fall for buying a fake app!
Use Chromium Edge to connect to a meeting in Zoom in Windows 10 S
One way to participate in a Zoom meeting in Windows 10 S mode is via the web version. For this, you need to have the latest version of Microsoft Edge installed. Follow the steps below to join the Zoom meeting with Edge:
- First of all, you need to have installed the new version of Microsoft Edge. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge and click Download for Windows 10
- Install the new Edge browser.
- Open the new Microsoft Edge browser and go go to the URL of the Zoom meeting.
(the number is the Meeting ID, behind pwd= is the password
First, you will only see “If nothing prompts from browser, download & run Zoom”. Wait a few seconds.
- The text refreshes. Click on click here (to launch the meeting)
- It seems like nothing happens, but in a few seconds you will see the text below: If you cannot download or run the application, join from your browser.
Click join from your browser
- You can now log in and join the meeting
Since 2020, Zoom has become extremely popular as a video conferencing tool. Similar to Microsoft Teams, it enables presenters to start or schedule a meeting and allows end-users to join a zoom room, make video calls, and enable screen sharing. Although not required, it is advisable to install the Zoom client as it delivers better performance. When trying to run Zoom in Windows 10 S mode, however, you’re forced to use the web version.