Today I faced an error in Minecraft Java Edition stating Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft Account settings.
It took me quite some time to figure out where to turn on Multiplayer mode, but luckily I found the setting. In this article, I will describe step by step how you can solve the problem Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft Account settings and how to enable Multiplayer mode for Minecraft
Table of Contents
How to fix “Multiplayer is disabled” error in Minecraft
The problem of Minecraft Multiplayer error can be caused in two places: it can occur with your own account, or it can occur with your child’s account. Setting up your own account is practically the same as setting up for your child, so let’s start with your own account:
- Login to https://account.microsoft.com/family/ with your Minecraft account.
If it signs in automatically with a wrong account, click your photo at the right top and choose Sign out
- Once logged in with the Minecraft account, enter the following URL: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=746875. This will take you to Xbox privacy and online safety.
- In Privacy & Online Safety, click Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.
- Scroll down to the second option from the bottom, stating “You can join multiplayer games“. Set this to Allow
- Click Submit to save your changes
That’s it. For your own account at least.
Setup Minecraft Multiplayer for your children
Good chance Minecrafts’ multiplayer is disabled for your kids account too. If you want to set the Multiplayer option for your kids’ account:
- Head back to https://account.microsoft.com/family/ once more.
- Scroll down to your child’s identity. Click More Options and choose Xbox Online Settings
- In the Xbox Online Settings page, do the same as you did in your own account:
Go to Privacy & Online Safety, click Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.
Scroll down to the second option from the bottom, stating “You can join multiplayer games“. Set this to Allow
Afterwards, click Submit to save your changes
This should have solved the Multiplayer is Disabled error for Minecraft on your PC.
Leave a comment!
If this article did not help you solve your problem, please leave a comment! This website is visited thousands of times a day. There is a good chance that I or someone else has an answer to your question.
In addition, in case you have a better solution for this problem or want to add useful information, please leave a comment too! It may help me improve this article, as well as you may help other users facing this issue.