Error GetDirectoryList_HTTP mapping original error 0x80072ee7 to 0x800704cf in SCCM 2012

Another day at the office, I noticed one client had problems downloading packages. In Software Center, the specific package stalled at “Downloading (0%)”. A closer look at the logfiles of the client led me to the following errors in DataTransferService.log

DTSJob {4D29E259-C095-480C-B05E-CE1F901DFA03} in state 'DownloadingManifest'.
Error sending DAV request. HTTP code 0, status ''
GetDirectoryList_HTTP mapping original error 0x80072ee7 to 0x800704cf.
GetDirectoryList_HTTP('http://sccmserver.mgt.domain.local:80/SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/ cbdc5cba-6a50-49a7-8e57-d3ce6d110c40') failed with code 0x800704cf.
Error retrieving manifest (0x800704cf). Will attempt retry 4 in 240 seconds.

Usually, this error indicates port blocks on port 80 and 443. You should then try to temporarily disable your firewall or open port 80 and 443 to your distribution point server. In my case, however, the firewall was already disabled. The DP was on the same subnet, so no hardware firewall either.

TO make sure the DP was working correctly, I copied the http address from the logging, and entered it in Internet Explorer a random server



When I entered the URL the same on the faulty server, I got a “Page could not be displayed” error. So, there really was no communication possible on port 80.

Next step was a tracert to the sccm server. It timed out at the second hop. This turned out to be the problem. The faulty server had two NICs configured: 1 for normal traffic, 1 for management traffic. The Management NIC was configured with a wrong subnet.











After fixing the network settings at the client, and a restart of the SMS Agent Host service,  content downloading continued 🙂


0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x