Today I ran into my logon screen in HyperV VM being blurry. I got no login prompts in my virtual machine. This happened after I turned on Enhanced Session Mode. After I went back to the normal ‘Console’ mode, I was able to log in to Windows 10 as usual. However, switching back to Enhanced Session immediately ran into the same problem, denying me to log in.
What happened? The last thing I could remember was adding a PIN as a sign-in option. And that turned out to be exactly the cause of the blurry login screen
Fix blurry logon screen in HyperV Enhanced Session
To fix the blurry logon screen in Windows 10 VM, do the following:
- Start your VM. In the menu of the VM, click View and make sure Enhanced Session is not enabled.
- Logon to your Windows 10 VM with your username and PIN
- Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options
- First make sure the “Require Windows Hello Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts” is disabled/off. If it is switched to On, turn it Off.
- Click Windows Hello PIN to expand the field. Then click Remove to remove the PIN from your sign-in options
- Click Remove once more to confirm your choice
- Next, fill in the password of your account. Microsoft wants to make sure you remember your account password 🙂
- Done! You are now able to use Enhanced Sessions when connecting to your VM